A Forklift Operator, or Material Handler, is a certified warehouse or manufacturing associate responsible for controlling heavy machinery to move materials around a work site. Their duties include preparing merchandise and securing it for safe, easy transport, using radio communications to determine priorities and performing regular machine maintenance on forklifts and other tools.
- Checking for damaged goods
- Staying aware of possible hazards
- Maintaining forklift including LP gas tank replacement
- Recording data about the products they are moving
-Must be able to exhibit willingness to learn and work as a team.
-Will be required to show ability to safely operate machinery and/or hand tools. This will include basic house keeping and reporting of any issues associated with assigned tasks.
-Tasks will include assembly, house keeping, basic maintenance, troubleshooting and following work instructions to support basic production and quality tasks.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Successful Candidates Will Have
• Ability to successfully complete pre-employment background and drug screen
• Qualification Requirements – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal accountabilities.
• Physical Demands – Physical demands of performing the duties of this job include, but are not limited to, frequently lifting and/or moving up to or less than 50 pounds and occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds, and rarely lifting and/or moving 50 pounds or more.
• Non-Physical Demands – Include but are not limited to time pressures, frequent change of tasks, irregular work schedule/overtime, multi-tasking, working closely with others as a team, and tedious or exacting work.
• Work Environment – While performing the duties of this job, the associate works around mechanical hazards, noise and or vibration on a daily basis. Extreme temperatures, wetness / humidity and being outdoors are seasonally in nature.
• Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure; using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Language Skills – Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence.
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Job Category: Production Job Type: Full Time Job Location: 5786 Hwy 129 N Suite A Pendergrass GA 30567
Apply for this position
Applicants for Driver Positions Must fill out the DOT section of form. If you are not applying for a driving position please scroll to the bottom of the form to submit your job application.